GPON Advantages and Solutions
GPON offers a number of advantages over active Ethernet for both providers and consumers…
- GPON One way of providing fiber to the home is through a Gigabit Passive Optical Network, or GPON
- GPON has a downstream capacity of 2.488 Gb/s and an upstream capacity of 1.244 Gbp/s that is shared among users.
- Outside Plant lifetime plus 50 years
- Environmentally friendly; uses over 50% less power than equivalent copper cabled systems.
- Fully integrated triple play solution to deliver HD TV, Internet and phone services over the same platform.
- Offers a real future‐proof access network with flexibility and upgrade capability well into the future.
- Easy management, accounting and upgrade with flexibility and scalability.
- Fibre is also very much lighter in weight than copper, important when considering the services requirements in very large buildings and all forms of transport.
- Optical fibre is also resilient to ingress of external signals and spurious interference.
- Generally regarded as cheaper to install
- 10-20km reach
- Reduce number of exchange
- Less physical equipment required
- Lower maintenance requirements
- More bandwidth, delivered more efficiently
- Easier network management
- Higher resources usage with lower costs
- Better user experience on full services
Optical Solutions Australia GPON solutions can deliver very fast broadband speeds to the end‐user allowing the network operator to offer advanced triple play services to end users, utilising a single fibre connection to the network terminal, these include….
CCTV & Webcam
- Security Systems
- Interactive Signage “PIDS”
- Video on Demand
- High Speed Internet
- PMS Integration
- Standard or High Definition IPTV
- Fire Detection Systems
- Access Control & Door Entry
- VoIP Telephony
- Traditional Analogue Telephony
- Automated Minibar Systems
- EPOS Terminals
- Wi‐Fi Access Node
Less expensive, long term investment, less power consumption, Higher bandwidth capacity, Better Image quality, Nonconductive, Long distance signal transmission, and Lightweight.
Gigabit Passive Optical Networks offer a real future‐proof access network with flexibility and upgrade capability well into the future